Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day - Photos and Notes

This post and the next few posts were sent to me by Sr. Christine on Christmas Day 2005: (Excerpts)

"Here in the Philippines Christmas is pretty much finished with
supper after mass on Christmas Eve. People sleep in and take it easy on
the 25th, but there isn't much of a sense that it is still Christmas.
If you ask most people here when Christmas is... they will say it's
Decemer 24th! So, last night Anie, Mary and myself attended "midnight"
mass at 9pm at Sto. NiƱo parish where the three of us have some
involvements. Myra and Margaret attended "midnight mass" at 10pm at
Xavier University which is known for having very nice liturgies... and
last night they weren't disappointed. After mass we gathered at our
Carmen house for a late lunch."

"I had taken my dirty plate and cup to the sink and realized
that from there I had a wonderful view of the home of one of our
students... so I took this photo to show people the kind of place that
many of our children live in. This is one of the poorest, so many would
be a bit better off, but all would be extremely poor by Canadian standards."

No comments: